In Case of Error or Inquiries About Your Bill
Send your inquiry in writing so that the University receives it within 60 days of the billing statement date. Your written inquiry must include:
- Your name and University number;
- A description of the error and why you believe it is an error, or if you need more information, a description of the item you are unsure about.
- The dollar amount of the suspected error.
You remain obligated to pay the items of your bill not in dispute, but you do not have to pay any amount in dispute during the time the University is resolving the dispute.
- During the same time, the University may not take any action to collect disputed amounts or report disputed amounts as past due.
- If you have a problem with property or services purchased with a credit card, you may have the right not to pay the remaining amount due on them if you first try in good faith to return them or give the University a chance to correct the problem.
- This is a summary of your rights: a full statement of your rights and the University's responsibilities under the Federal Fair Credit Billing Act will be sent to you both upon request and in response to a billing error notice.