- Students who voluntarily drop from school must make official withdrawal through the Registrar's Office to receive a refund of tuition paid. Information regarding the percentage of assessed tuition and fees that students are held responsible for when dropping or withdrawing from classes can be viewed here: https://registrar.uiowa.edu/drop-or-withdraw-tuition-responsibility.
Monthly U-Bill statements will be generated even if an overpayment is made, creating a credit balance on the U-Bill. Future U-Bill statements will show new charges as well as the updated credit balance.
- Credit balances are automatically refunded following these guidelines:
- Students: Refund is processed if the student does not register for the next regular semester or in the event of withdrawal from current registration. A processing period of 45 days may be required for such a refund and the account must have no activity for 60 days.
- Employees: Refund is processed upon request or 60 days after no longer employed.
- Other: Refund is processed when there has been no activity on the account for 60 days.
- A request for refunds must be made by the account holder to initiate an earlier refund.
- Payment to this account by someone other than the student is accepted by the University in the name of the student.
- Any refunds of credit balances due to withdrawal or overpayment will be made directly to the student.