Students receiving non-University of Iowa scholarships should print both the Scholarship Check Submission Form and the University's private donor scholarship policy letter (PDF downloads) stating our policy on processing and disbursing these private donor scholarship funds starting with the 2016 fall semester.
Information on these documents includes the following:
- Address and contact information for our office. Checks should not be mailed to the Office of Student Financial Aid or enclosed with the University (U-bill) as a payment.
- Information scholarship donors are required to include with the scholarship check(s) for accurate and timely processing.
- In the absence of written donor instructions the University will apply the scholarship checks for the academic year (one-half fall semester and one-half spring semester) and enrollment will be confirmed at the time of disbursement.
Copy of Tuition Bills and Verification of Enrollment for Donor
- If the scholarship donor requires a copy of the student University bill (available August 1st for fall semester) or verification of enrollment (available after student registers), the student may print these from MyUI.
- The University Billing Office, email@example.com or 319-335-0071 or 800-943-4557 with questions about submitting scholarship checks or any disbursement questions after the scholarship check is received.
- The Office of Student Financial Aid, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 319-335-1450 with additional questions on how to self-report scholarship checks to the University.